The Open-Distance-Learning (ODL) system is a unique and challenging
mode of education offered at the University level. This system provides
ample of opportunities for those who desire to have University education at
their place of work or residence. This method is popularly known as Open distance Learning. It is perhaps the only way to meet the
ever-increasing demand for Higher Education especially in a developing
country like India. Distance Education programmes are specially designed
• Candidates residing in geographically remote areas.
• Candidates who cannot get admission to a regular college / Post-graduate department.
• Employed persons who cannot pursue their study as full-time candidates.
• Individuals who wish to pursue learning for knowledge sake.
• Candidates who wish to update knowledge and skills.
The Open-Distance-Learning (ODL) system is perhaps the only system
that has been planned in such a way that it is able to cater to all
those who desire to seek Higher Education in spite of the fact that they
are in a disadvantageous position due to social, economic, spatial and
such other reasons. Also to cater to the increasing demand for Higher
Education, flexibilities in terms of age, qualification, location, time,
etc., have been introduced to the maximum extent.